Specialized Care Suite
- Ceiling lift
- Designed to accommodate bariatrics (wider doors, additional space around bed)
- Family consultation area in room
- Operational gases on a fixed headwall
- E-charting capabilities
- Attached bathroom with ceiling lift extending from the bedroom, equipped with floor mounted toilet and sink for bariatric scenarios
- Wheel chair accessible shower
- Fully electric bariatric bed
- Ceiling lift
- Bariatric furniture
- Other portable lifts and patient transfer aids
- Bariatric wheelchair
- Standard acute care equipment
- Input Sources
- Touch-sensitive, all-in-one PC on a cart at bed
- IP based PTZ (Pan Tilt Zoom)cameras over bed and in bathroom
- Ceiling mounted loudspeakers located over bed(s) and in bathroom
- Ceiling mounted boundary style microphone located over bed and in bathroom
Potential Educational and Research Activities
This space is appropriate for simulations involving patients with chronic conditions and special needs including, but not limited to, bariatric care, neurological conditions, and people with reduced functional mobility.
For bariatric simulations, this room provides opportunities for participants to learn in a space designed to accommodate this population. The inclusion of an overhead patient lift allows participants to practice lifting a patient in a safe environment rather than attempting this skill for the first time in a clinical setting. A three-piece bariatric washroom continues the learning experience.
This space can be used with high fidelity mannequins and/or simulated patients.